Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cancer: Last and Final Treatment

I had my final treatment today.  As of today, no more chemo therapy and no more radiation therapy.  I'm officially done.

Now the tough part starts.  All that collateral damage has to be repaired, and the urban renewal process is tough and takes time.  For instance, Monday night I landed in the ER with my electrolytes out of balance to the point of magnesium being critically low.  I was unable to move my arms and legs, I was hallucinating and generally incoherent.

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology and Divine intervention, I'm still alive and with us. 

4 comments:

Peter said...

All I can say is, hang in there. I haven't had to recover from chemotherapy, which is a brand of suckiness all its own, but two back surgeries (leaving me permanently partially disabled) and a quadruple bypass are bad enough in their own way for me to have some idea of how you're feeling.

I wish I could offer more than prayers and sympathy...

Roland Hansen said...

Well, MJ, I am pleased the chemo and radiation is done and over and I am glad you are still amongst us. I wish you the best in the harrowing time ahead and that you make a speedy and complete recovery to full health. If there is anything I may do to help, please do not hesitate to let me know.

CWMartin said...

I was thinking about you this morning. Seems you're about to become an expert on the effects of eliminating trace elements from the human body whether you want to or not. Hope it balances out soon.

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. My prayers have been with you.