Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Quora Question: How can I surreptitiously signal...

I saw this one and couldn't resist.  I don't think my answer will get many up votes, nor will it last long.  But I might be wrong.  Keep reading to see some nameless fathead's question and my somewhat curmudgeonly response.



How can I surreptitiously signal a concealed carrier that their gun is exposed or "printing" without drawing attention to either of us?

I’ve never given it any thought, but here are a few suggestions:

  1. If you’re a woman, walk up to the CCW violator and say, “Can you see my nipples?” Odds are you won’t get a coherent response, but you can follow this line with, “Well, I can see yours, including the make and model.” Then stare pointedly at the pistol until the CCW violator adjusts his or her rigging.
  2. If you’re a man and have a medium to hot woman with you, ask her to perform suggestion one. Be aware that this might lead to something.
  3. Walk up to the CCW violator and say, “I’m not Mae West and you’re not Gene Barry, so what’s that in your pocket?”

As a sort of last resort I suppose you could drop your pants and ask the CCW violator why his tongue is hanging out, but that might violate the surreptitious caveat of your question.

Good luck to you.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

I just walk up and say, "You're printing." quietly...

Mad Jack said...

Old NFO: Sure, you could do that, but it isn't nearly as much fun as watching someone take my suggestions literally.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I don't care if I or others print.
My magazine butt plate is often visible.

Anonymous said...

They probably know and aren't too concerned - I mind my own business.