Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Animal Abuse and Crime

I got this story from Wirecutter, over at Knuckle Draggin' My Life Away.  I read his blog on an irregular basis, and consider him to be a truly erudite writer, if somewhat philosophically abstruse.  I usually ponder his disquisitions for several days before venturing a comment.  That being the case, before I continue I  recommend that anyone who considers themselves to be a progressive, liberal, avant-garde reformist go over (electronically speaking) to the Wirecutter's blog and settle in for a decent read - after you've finished perusing my latest contribution to the hoi polloi.

Here's Your Feel-Good Story of the Day, which provides a link to One Year Later, Badly Burned Dog Goes Home with Vet Who Saved Him.  Read the stories and comments as you like, but in summary: On April 22, 2021, in East Tate County, Mississippi, Buddy the dog was found with an extension cord twisted around his neck and his face set on fire.  It took 10 months in the animal hospital at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Mississippi State University and the Tunica Humane Society, along with the constant care of Dr. Betsy Swanson to get Buddy well again.

My belief is that the scum who did this to Buddy is a serial killer, and the only event we're waiting for is for this inhuman psychopath to kill again, because he will.  This isn't his first rodeo, and it won't be his last.

The police should be investigating this the same way they would a murder, and I'll bet they aren't.  I hope I'm wrong.  I hope the police have a good idea about just who did this and are pursing the investigation, but I have doubts.  This twisted garbage didn't just wake up one morning and decide to take a different career path; psychopathic serial killer.  He has a place in society, parents and family, and a job.  He won't be easy to find, and in fact many serial killers are found by accident.

I'm hoping that the police get to work on this one, but I'm also hoping that anyone in the area (or not) who hears or sees something that isn't quite right reports it to the police.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

One can hope. That IS a story of hope and dedication on the part of the vet!

Mad Jack said...

It is, and I give the Vet and her supporters full credit.