Thursday, April 28, 2022

Movie Review: Spider-Man: No Way Home

 Except that there is a way home, which completely destroys the one thing about this hound that would offer a silver lining.

Spoilers and non-PC opinions beneath the fold.  Read at your own risk, etc.

Feeling better since I was kicked to the curb by the local charnel house, I decided to go and see a film.  I'm just full of good ideas when I'm sober.  So... Spider-Man: No Way Home sounded good.  I like comics, and previous Spider-Man films haven't been too awful bad.  I selected the late afternoon film and hit the street.

The theater was about three-quarters occupied, which surprised me.  I paid $5.00 to get in, and for a fin it wasn't a bad deal - I guess.  At $3.00 it would have been $2.00 cheaper, and that's all.  Costumes were better than expected most of the time, the acting wouldn't fit into any pork store I've ever seen, and the sets were all computer animation.  Not too shabby.

Should you want to skip the film, which is not the worst idea you'll ever have, let me explain that the producers gave the faggots, dykes, and others the day off.  You won't find any woke shit in this one (at least I didn't).  The story is that Spider-Man's secret identity is revealed, turning his life into a fish bowl while simultaneously identifying him for any number of fractured criminal laws beginning somewhere around menacing and criminal trespass and ending with murder one and crimes against (in)humanity.  Somewhat dismayed, he seeks help from Doctor Strange, who is wisely unwilling to get involved.  Spider-Man pleads, grovels, and finally convinces the wizard to help, then promptly does what the wizard has told him several times not to do, and fucks the whole thing up.  Mainly because if he hadn't there wouldn't be a film - see?

As a result a few super-villains show up.  Doctor Octopus (one of my favorites), Sandman, The Lizard, some kind of Electric Man, and the Green Goblin all put in an appearance and try to pound our hero into submission.  To make a tediously long story short, they all fail.  Spider-Man's aunt May gets killed in the process, mainly because someone has to bite the big one.  Then the Fat Lady sings and the show's over.

Now then.  I wrote all that so I could write this.  What I saw at the theater that bothered me was security.  The bouncers were wearing sweatshirts that proclaimed them as Security, and either jeans or sweat pants, and packing a cops standard load in a gun belt.  That includes a Glock 40, ASP, pepper spray, and cuffs.  The way I see it, the theater isn't going to have an armed security staff unless there's a real good reason.

Now me, I'm packing my pistol whenever I leave the house, and it's always within easy reach when I'm home.  So yeah, I was armed and we'll presume dangerous.  But this is private security, which makes me wonder just what's up with this deal.


2 comments:

Glen Filthie said...

Well I liked the comic book movies too and still do a bit. But like you...I cannot stand that woke BS and will not pay money to see it. If Hollywood is going to push that - I am staying home. Hopefully the idea that people are getting fed up with this shite is finally hitting home.

If you live around blacks I would be packing heat too. I'd load out with three mags too.

Mad Jack said...

The population in the theater was about 2/3 white. The jungle bunnies sitting one row in front of me were okay until near the end of the film, when the fat fifty-something head of the clan called some other jig on his cell and started a conversation.

You can take the porch monkey out of the 'hood, but... etc.