Monday, December 4, 2023

Noise That Makes Me Nuts

I caught this on Knuckledraggin' and liked it.  These days it doesn't take much to drive me right out of whatever remains of my mind, but rather than focusing on me (kind of like being fascinated by a train wreck), I'd like to hear from anyone reading this hound.

But first, a little background.  The scientific name for this condition (I read about it on the Internet so it really does exist) is Misophonia, sounds that make you bat shit crazy.  This could be pretty much anything, from the sound of the cat yowling for heaven only knows what, up to and including the budding musical genius next door who is learning to make noise with a bassoon.

Do you have a noise that you absolutely cannot stand?

For me it's boom cars, bad table manners, and eating while talking on the phone.  That last item is extremely offensive to me, and I won't tolerate it for any length of time.

5 comments:

CWMartin said...

I'll admit to some sounds that annoy me, but not near this much and almost always just because of repetition or loudness.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Shrieking kids.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I cannot stand the so called techno music I cannot stand it drives me bat shit crazy

Mad Jack said...

CW: You are truly blessed.

Ed: That's one I forgot to mention. One of the worst experiences I've ever had was going out to a four star restaurant for a nice dinner and having the evening ruined by a bachelorette party. They screech, each tries to talk over the other, then they order vodka shots and all yell whooooooooooo! before throwing the shots back. Three to ten years with the wrong woman, then divorce.

Jo-Anne: I'm with you. There ought to be a law.

glasslass said...

Pen's clicking repeatedly. Or pen's or pencil's or whatever is in their hands being banged on a surface.