Monday, October 15, 2018

Widener's Revisited


About ten or more days ago (time flies when you're old and half in the bag most of the day), some enterprising ne'er-do-well offered me some cheese if I'd give them a free plug.  I really didn't think there was anything in it, but what the hell, right?  They offered a $25 gift certificate for a shameless commercial plug, and I snapped it up.  Well, I was a bit bored and it was after five o'clock eastern standard time.  What I expected was a gift certificate good for $25 off your order when you spend $250 or more, because why not?

But that's not what happened.


Instead, I got my gift certificate and it was on the up and up. 'Well,' thinks I, 'red hot damn on a Saturday night. Will you just look at this cheese!'

I pointed my browser at Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply, and not long after found what I was looking for.  Right now I have enough .45, .38, 9mm, .32, and .25.  But .22?  You can never have enough .22 ammo - at least not for long.

I ordered and the ammo shipped the same day the friendly folks at Wideners got my order.  I am now the proud owner of a nice big box of Winchester .22 hollow points.

Winchester 555 Rounds of .22

These people have a nicely designed site, their pricing is good, and they ship right away.  You can read original post as it amuses you to do so at Commercial Message from Widener's.

Check out Wideners Blog for a few articles, but the site that I recommend is Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply.  They did a great job by me, and I'll shop there again.

My only beef is with Winchester.  They packed the .22 ammo loose, so now I'll have to count it to make sure I actually got 555 rounds.  Doesn't that just bite the big one?

5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I weight counted mine.
555.

Glen Filthie said...

When I was a younger man I decided I needed 'enough' .22 ammo, once and for all. In 1993 I bought 3 cases, (cases, not bricks, 5000 rounds per case) and figgered that would do me for awhile.

I used the last of it up about 2 years ago. Now I've cut back, I think I have about 2 or 3 thousand rounds down there which should keep me going for awhile because I don't shoot much rimfire these days.

Old NFO said...

They DO do a good job!

CC said...

I save my old CCI 100-ct. plastic boxes with the sliding lid & refill those from the loose ammo cartons-makes it handier to dispense and count.

Mad Jack said...

That's a nice idea, CC.

I counted mine and found 557 .22s. I'm sending the extras back. After all, it's the honest thing to do, right?