Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Armed Robbery

I had an armed robbery very close to my home.  Here are the particulars and my own commentary, which is not safe for snowflakes, LGBT - et cetera things, and children under ten.

This armed robbery happened on Wednesday (6/28/2023) at 11:00 AM.  In brief, the victim was eastbound on Noname Ave. when the criminal rear ended him.  When the victim pulled over and got out to examine the damage, the criminal got out of his own car and pointed a pistol at the victim, telling him that his car isn't worth his life.

Well, he's right about that one.

My point here is that this isn't some three in the morning robbery in the parking lot outside a local bar, where everyone's half in the bag.  This is eleven in the morning on a well trafficked street, right outside our condominium complex.

Here is the officially published police report:

On the above date and time, Victim #1 stated that he was traveling east on Noname Ave.  Victim #1 stated that a black SUV rear ended him, causing him to pull his vehicle over onto the berm.  Victim #1 stated that he exited his vehicle to examine the damage.  Victim #1 stated that at this time, Suspect #1 and Suspect #2 exited the black SUV.  Victim #1 stated that Suspect #1 pointed a black hand gun at him and stated "OG the car isn't worth your life."  Victim #1 stated that Suspect #2 then entered into his vehicle and drove off, headed north on Myown Rd.  Victim #1 stated that Suspect #1 then entered back into the black SUV, traveling in the same direction.  Victim # 1 stated that he is willing to prosecute and consented to his vehicle being held for prints.

I carry my pistol with me, even when I'm indoors.  Last summer I made eye contact with a choir boy who was on the other side of my patio fence.  We both looked at each other, my hand dropped to my pocket, and he boogied outta here - dis honky strapped!  My sidearm of choice is a Ruger LCP II in .380 with hollow point ammunition.  Although it has a Glock style trigger, I carry it with the chamber empty.  I carry it in my right front pocket in a sticky holster, and it doesn't print.

I also carry a Hungarian FEG PA63 in 9x18 with worn military holster and spare mag in the glove compartment of my car.  For those who have never seen one, the 9x18 is a .380 on steroids, and the PS63 is a durable, inexpensive double action pistol with an open hammer - a design I like.

In a situation like the one I just described, I likely would have cursed, pulled over, and after making sure the offender pulled over as well, I would have gotten out of my car and become a victim.  The criminal has the drop on me; I can't draw and kill him before he puts lead in the air.

So - this is what the bad guys are doing these days.  It's a good plan, and it probably works a lot of the time.  What do I do?  I really don't want to get out of my car, gat in hand, ready for a gun fight.  Actually, I don't want to get into a gun fight at all - but neither do I want the criminals to rob me with impunity.  I have no moral qualms about leaving a few of them at room temperature.

And, by the bye, my statement in the aftermath will always be:
  • I have done nothing wrong.
  • He tried to kill me.
  • I want my lawyer.
Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Bloody hell, no suggestions, no car is worth dying for but still if I had a gun the temptation to shoot the bastard would be great but thankfully not a problem I would have.

Anonymous said...

The only thing you should say is that you want your attorney. Don't give ANY details until said attorney tells you to.

CWMartin said...

No suggestions unless you have spider-sense...

Glen Filthie said...

As CW said…if they have the drop on you…dore done, nothing you can do…

Mad Jack said...

Thanks guys.

Most of these pavement apes and wetbacks can't hit anything anyway, so I'm thinking as long as I run for hard cover I'll have a decent chance.