Friday, September 10, 2010

Road Trip: Milwaukee

As I mentioned here I have reason to go to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a funeral. My immediate thought was to put the luggage behind me and the car under me, but I'm taking Mom along and the drive could be somewhat tiring. Therefore, we will fly to Milwaukee out of Detroit by way of the Big Windy. We depart on Saturday, September 11, 2010.

When I booked this flight, I didn't make the obvious connection as I had (still have) other things on my mind. Hindsight being what it is, I still wouldn't change anything, and in fact I'd consider altering my schedule so as to fly on the infamous 9-11 day. My reasoning is simple. If we, the free citizens of the United States of America, alter our way of life to accommodate the cowardly actions of a few Islamic terrorists then the terrorists have won a small victory. I'm not going to give them that. In fact I'll go a long way out of my way to deny them any sense of victory at all.

Independence Day 2010
I'll be back on Tuesday, courtesy of United Airline. See you then!

No comments: