Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Duck!

About three weeks ago the phone rang late in the afternoon.  I checked the caller ID and sent it straight to voice mail.

Migraine One.

She was wondering if I'd dropped off the face of the earth, if I was still alive, and by the sound of her voice she was sober.  This is not a good portent.  Were the cute little twist in her usual state, she'd fixate on someone else in fifteen minutes or so, and that would be that.  I let a week go by, during which time Nikolas Jacob Cruz allegedly murdered 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida on February 14th, 2018.

Polite social convention dictates that I return Migraine One's phone call.  Common sense tells me to ignore it, and maybe she'll forget the whole business.  Then again, her trolley has been known to jump the tracks in the past, and if she's really having mental difficulties I would not want to deliberately ignore her, only to discover later on that she's finally managed to do herself in.  Guilt, you know.

I called her brother Sticks, who said he hadn't heard from her.  So, gritting my teeth, I call her at a time when I have reason to believe that most people with her habits are fairly sober.  My call goes to voice mail.  I left a cordial message and hung up.

Since I don't get a return call, I try again.  Again, no response.  Not even a 'Fuck you, Jack!  You godless Trump supporting gun owning bastard!! This is all your fault!!!'  The results of the last presidential election were entirely my fault, you see.  And yes, you're quite welcome.  I'm glad to be of service.

Today I got some voice mail from Migraine One.  She's alive and, at the time of the call, fairly sober.  Her reason for not calling?

'I'm very upset over the recent events, and I know that you and I don't agree on politics or civil rights, so I think it's best if we don't talk for a while.'

Saints be praised!

Anyone would think that Migraine One is just another screwed up anti-freedom moonbat.  She isn't.  She's intelligent, erudite, and articulate.  She spent most of her adult life as a west coast journalist (granolaville) and so has a warped vision of the world.  The trouble is, she isn't alone.

The Left is back to the old gun control issue, and the Right isn't handling it well.  What the political Right should be doing is hammering the Left on:

Abortion.  Read about the Kermit Gosnell case, if you have the stomach for it.  The Gosnell case did not get the kind of press it should have, and the reason is the Left.  Gosnell and his crew of murderous psychopaths were able to do what they did because of State and Local Governments staffed entirely by Democrats.

Violent Crime and Illegal Immigrants.  Check out what's going wrong in Jolly Old with their Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS)/Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL)/Islamic State (IS) refugees, then plan accordingly for the United States.  The reason we're not having more problems than we are is because of the sheer size of the U.S.  Just put a colony of those goat fuckers in Wyoming in the fall.  Next spring, collect the head rags and leave the rest as coyote bait.  While we're at it, produce a violence report on MS 13 and note how many of them are illegal immigrants.

Islamic Muslims and Women's Rights.  Ever hear of female genital mutilation (FGM)?  Because if the Left hasn't, the Islamic Muslims sure have.  I'm not going to go into details, but the thing I cannot for the life of me understand is why this practice hasn't sent every single feminazi in the U.S. to their local gun store in search of a shotgun and a box of double-ought buck.

Attack the Left on all three issues.  Exaggerate, make ad hominem attacks, go off on screeds that have nothing to do with the topic at hand - unless that topic is one of the chosen three.  Then keep hammering.  Don't have civil discussions.  When the Left talks over you, raise your voice.  Stand up, swear, call 'em every vile thing you can think of.  Maybe a few of them will get the idea and shut up.  Maybe a few of those will begin to listen.

4 comments:

CWMartin said...

I think the percentage of intellectually honest leftists out there is fairly low. I do know one, and she deliberately stays off politics (unless you count her fangirl worship of Justice Ginsburg). The rest all tie their self-esteem to their untenable positions and thus can't afford to be civil in debate. Kudos to Migraine for at least acknowledging the fact after a fashion.

Glen Filthie said...

Were it me, I would return the call, and leave a polite message to the effect that:

"Yes, maybe it's time for us to break off on politics. You see, to discuss or 'debate' the issue honestly - YOU would have to shut up and let ME talk, YOU would have to start listening, and YOU would have to compromise. Give me a shout back when you're willing to grow up and act like an adult."

Honestly: the cop on the scene failed, the FBI failed - and those idiots want everyone to give up their guns? That event is an argument AGAINST gun control and for the second amendment. I don't argue with libtards anymore, they aren't worth my time.

Bob G. said...

Mad Jack:
Like my departed Mom used to say:
"Sometimes, it TAKES bitter to DRIVE bitter."

Totally agree on how the left NEEDS to be handled (and it's not with kids gloves).
What they need is a GOOD healthy dose of their own medicine. (hopefully given through medicine-boarding...lol)

Stay safe out there.

Mad Jack said...

CW: Intellectually honest Lefties are called traitors, misogynists, and (horror!) reasonable. Centrists are increasingly rare, which is a shame. The country needs more people who are in the middle of the road, but are smart enough not to get run over by the parade.

Glen: Leaving anything like that on Migraine One's voice mail is like waving a black AK-47 with a high-cap magazine at an SJW Moonbat. It provokes a reaction I'd sooner avoid, as Migraine One not only refuses to listen to anything that isn't her own voice, she's literally not sure what she's hearing - voices, or... something else.

Bob: Your Mom was right. The problem goes back to the way they were raised. Now, I didn't have a kind and gentle upbringing, but I did learn responsibility and to live and let live. A lot like your own, I'm thinking.