Sunday, July 28, 2024

The Current Level of Stupidity

I read Nextdoor, a predominantly left wing social media site which features local news as reported by Nextdoor members.  This is occasionally useful, as crimes are often reported on Nextdoor and never seen on commercial media.  Shootings, robberies, hurled insults and fecal matter along with the fallout from same are reported and blame is assigned along with suggested penalties.  I believe burning at the stake is mentioned on occasion, usually in response to a thread that is tilted to the political right.

This would be a whole lot less interesting than it already is if not for the blatant display of willful ignorance that surfaces from day to day.  For instance, here we have the start of something.


If this story is true, what happened was the attempted kidnapping of a child.  This is a serious crime, and if I were involved I would have likely put some lead in the air.  The reactions were about what you'd expect, with the prime example being this little nugget of - I don't know, information? Informed opinion?


This is nuts. I can't tell of MaryJo DeBlasis is serious or not, but she got some support for this creative bit of insanity.  Now me, I think I know who the next mayor of Crazytown is going to be - and it ain't Bidet.

These people vote. My belief is that they vote the straight crazy ticket, and if there is one thing wrong with our system of government, it's that everyone is allowed to vote or to run for office.

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Look out for the rich people wanting adrenochrome!
But if they just want to rape and torture, well, you know....

CWMartin said...

"and if there is one thing wrong with our system of government, it's that everyone is allowed to vote or to run for office."

Hence I am a Bonapartist...

The Neon Madman said...

I believe Tam Keel refers to Nextdoor as "karens.com". I tried it once, sure can't argue with that description.

Anonymous said...

Been beating the drum for years. Rallying cry of the Revolution-"No taxation without representation!" Rallying cry of the next? "No representation without taxation!"
Scarecrow

Gerry said...

Do you need a prescription for adrenochrome or is available over the counter? Is there a generic available? Asking for a friend.

Mad Jack said...

Ed: I'd watch for the rich people, but we don't have any in my neighborhood. Just poor folks.

CW: I may be a Bonapartist and not know it.

Neon: Karens.com? I love it.

Scarecrow: You got that right!

Gerry: It's prescription only in the U.S., but I think you can get it OTC in Canada. The person to ask is Glen Filthie.