Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Saint Valentine's Day!


A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...

That's from Romeo and Juliet during the famous balcony scene.  I'd have thought that the two families could find some way to bury the hatchet that did not involve another family member's back, but as everyone knows that wasn't the case.  I once dated a girl whose family didn't care for me.  The relationship didn't last long, although she did hint around about eloping in the middle of the night.  I had better sense, even back then.  Several years later I discovered that it wasn't me personally, it was her parents.  They were both a little neurotic and were busy pretending to be something they weren't - namely, filthy rich.  And so, you see, since my family was not rolling in the dough it would naturally follow that I, young Mad Jack, was not good enough for their daughter, but then neither was anyone else in the immediate vicinity.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

I'm happy with Main Lady, who sent me a nice valentine yesterday.  For my part, I sent valentines to Main Lady, Centenarian, Mom and Mopsy, who is in town this week.  Later on today we'll congregate for champagne and hors d'oeuvres.




No comments: