Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

One year ago today I started Mad Jack's Shack. Funny how time flies when you're having fun. My first essay, Who knew that this would be the start of something?, was titled by default (I didn't know what to title it) and dealt with the situation in Lincoln Woods involving Clay Hausenfleck. Clay defended home and hearth against a home invasion which resulted in one fellow, Louis M. Mason, measuring his length on the floor and leaking badly. When the police arrived they investigated Clay's basement and discovered that Clay was quite the horticulturist, busy developing a new strain of cannabis sativa. The local constabulary took Clay to the hoosegow.

At Main Lady's insistence With Main Lady's support I circulated a flier encouraging the local residents to write to Judge Stacy L. Cook, encouraging Her Honor to incarcerate Clay so as to keep him out of Lincoln Woods. Clay went to the big house and remains there today. My thanks to all law enforcement agencies involved for doing a good job.

I got three comments for my efforts, although two of them were inflammatory and authored by "Mike", a mysterious account that likely hasn't had much activity lately. I suspect that "Mike" is actually Gary Groszewski, and ex-city worker with an alcohol problem and an irrational disposition. Gary was busted for drunk driving 13 times, which you can read about here if you like. Gary's dislike for me stems from activity on another local venue, Toledo Talk. You can read a little about Gary here if you're curious. I don't deal well with drunks, and Gary is no exception.

I enjoy writing, so I think I'll keep Mad Jack's Shack going for another year and see where it ends up. I remarked to my brother Big Mike that I expected more commentary. Mike pointed out that my topics are about local activities and tend to be rational rather than the over the top emotive blathering of a Moonbat in heat; moreover, the venue is not conducive to an online discussion, all of which account for a dearth of commentary. I think Big Mike is right about this.

My thanks and a hoist of the old bourbon glass to everyone who takes the time to read my blog. I trust all of you must enjoy some part of it or you wouldn't waste time reading it.

5 comments:

flask said...

happy anniversary!

holy toledo! (sorry, some foreigner had to say it.)

Roland Hansen said...

Congrats on the anniversary. I appreciate your efforts. Keep plugging away.

Jeff said...

Thanks for posting. I'm a new reader and really enjoy what I have read so far. Looking forward to more.
Happy Anniversary.

trixanne said...

I enjoy reading your commentary on TT and enjoy your blog. Sorry I don't comment more.

Mad Jack said...

My thanks to all of you for your kind words.