Thursday, February 10, 2011

Knock and Announce

Some time ago I entered a contest and actually won a prize. I did this without bribing the judges, and the prize was way cool. I wrote about it here. The prize was a USB drive in the shape of a bullet; a bright silver .50 caliber handgun bullet. You unscrew the nose and plug it in. Anyway, I got three of these in the mail instead of just one, so I gave one to Big Mike with the suggestion that he store gun pictures on it. Mike got a big kick out of it and said he'd use it in its primary office. The second I gave to California Dave, who thought it was the greatest gift this year, and who is tempted to take it to work with him but doesn't dare. His help desk crew might have heart failure and if they don't work the phones, then he has to. The third I kept and will use it for gun pics.

Sometime after the contest the village idiot objected to the author's musings and started raising moonbat hell, insisting the site be closed down and the author tared, feathered and run out of town on a rail. Well, the site closed up - hey, what's free speech to a moonbat, right? But I've just been informed that there's a brand new site - Knock and Announce. I highly recommend anyone who enjoys a well written cop blog go over and shout a few words of encouragement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, who woulda thunk a USB drive in the shape of a silver bullet would have meant that much. Lol! I appreciate your kind words,sir. Long live free speech!