Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Few Internet Friends

I started my day with another crocus sighting on the daily dog walk.  It seems like everyone is planting the little flowers in their yards.


This evening a few of us got together at Mi Hacienda for food, drinks and argumentative conversation. Present and accounted for were Katie, Ann, GuestZero, Jim Avolt (ex-owner of the Distillery), the provocative, pugnacious but charismatic Steven Flagg, HistoryMike and yours truly, Mad Jack.

 HistoryMike at Mi Hacienda

Mi Hacienda is located at 3302 Glanzman Rd., Toledo, OH; (419) 380-0411 and is open for lunch and dinner.  I had a Tecate beer and an order of Nachos Locos, which I shared.  In truth, one order could serve three or four people.  The service is excellent.  The wait staff are at your table when you want something and don't pester you with inane questions when you are busy talking or eating.  The food is excellent.  I will definitely be returning to Mi Hacienda in the very near future.

Although many interesting things were learned by all this evening, I think the group was surprised to learn that I was acquainted with a felony fugitive that has been featured on the TV show, America's Most Wanted.  When I was 16 I was fairly well acquainted with John Kelly Gentry who allegedly committed two murders in 1983.  One victim was killed with an ax.  I didn't know Gentry well; I considered him to be a little weird and possibly dangerous.  I know that he enlisted in the U.S. Navy and was given a general discharge under honorable because he couldn't make it through boot camp.  If he is still alive, Gentry is on the loose and possibly living in Mexico or the Bahamas.  Personally, I think it's very likely John Gentry is no longer with us.

In spite of this new revelation, a good time was had by all.  It was very nice to see all these people again and catch up on the latest news. 

No comments: