Wednesday, April 9, 2014

So Long to XP

Well, today is the day.  My OpSys is officially orphaned, kicked to the curb and treated like last week's fish wrap.  I'm not worried, nor do I intend to upgrade to anything else.  I've got several layers of protection and I perform regular back ups of my data.

While I'm usually against all forms of government regulation, this might be one area where the government should get involved.  If the Federal Government could rise to the level of mediocrity, that is.  The government might consider forcing Microsoft to support XP for another 10 years or so, but given the past performance of the government... I don't think so.

2 comments:

CWMartin said...

Laurie's also got XP... so does the computer that runs my Gerber cutter at work. I think that a lot of people are being scared when all they have to do is what you suggested- anti-virus, firewall, Malwarebytes, etc.

Old NFO said...

I'm moving to MAC... I'm done with windoze...