Saturday, June 22, 2019

RFI: Blogger States and Other Mysteries

I'm looking over the statistics for my little slice of annoyance and trying to decide if I should be depressed or elated because, you see, on one hand people are actually reading my blog, but on the other hand my readers include people like that beer swilling, gun loving Canadian Glen Filthie, and when you come right down to it I'd like to think that a few respectable individuals waste their time here as opposed to TV SitCom reruns on Hulu.

Dispensing with the levity, I have one post that's getting a lot of hits and I don't know just why this might be.   The post with the heavy traffic is Restaurant Review: Simms Steakhouse, which is an ordinary review.  This would bother me a good deal less than it does, but one referring site is (interrupted)

Edit (6/24/19): click on apeniano dot top below at your own risk.  The site triggered Malwarebytes, then when I opted not to continue, it showed me a xxx nude female advertising something, and she wasn't pushing a new breakfast cereal. 

My thanks to Ed for the heads up.


(continued)

apeniano.top. The site doesn't seem to do anything or be anything, and I was hoping someone could shed a little light on this.

Would someone please enlighten me as to who or what apeniano dot top is?

9 comments:

Old NFO said...

Not a clue...

Glen Filthie said...

You are judged by the company you keep, Jack. Fortune smiles upon you!

HAR HAR HAR!

Chuck Pergiel said...

I look at my blog stats occasionally but they never make any sense. Top referrers don't seem to have any links to me and my most popular post was one I put up ten years ago. I think some people read my blog, but I have almost no evidence. I get a real comment about once a month. Whatever. I write to clear my head. If anybody else gets anything out it, that's a bonus.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Could be summer.
I might average 100 and have topped at 200+ given if the topic shows up in search engine results.
Dropped a lot lately.
I prefer comments over eyeballs as like a conversation over a topic.
I also don't have as much time to develop full posts so most of my writing is commenting.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Was that your idea of a joke to get me to click on apeniano.top while my wife was standing there?

Mad Jack said...

Ed: No, it was not my idea of a joke. When I clicked the link it returned me to my current page without displaying anything. When I clicked on it just now, it activated MalwareBytes (I declined to visit the page), then displayed some kind of xxx broad.

I'm thinking that my anti-malware software may be protecting me on this one.

CWMartin said...

Most of my big waves in stats are caused by bots looking for a place to spread....

Ed Bonderenka said...

Glad I could help. :)

Bob G. said...

Jack:
Can't say I've ever seen THAT particular annoyance.
I'll get the infrequent spam post about how someone likes the post...yada,yada,uada, and I have no idea who the hell they are.
Gotta prove you're legit first in my book.
I will say I get a lot of hits from RUSSIA (who also love Google)...lol.
Vladimir can't seem to stay away, I guess...LOL.