Thursday, October 17, 2024

Violent Crime and Juvenile Perpetrators

Sometimes I think I'm living in a banana republic. Other times I'm sure of it.

Just this morning I was perusing the news via the Internet, and discovered this little gem, courtesy of News Week:

Teen Girls Beat Man to Death Because They Were 'Bored,' Defendant Says

From the article:

An update shared by the Metropolitan Police Department said that on October 17, 2023, at 12:54 a.m., officers responded to a "report of a man down" in the 6200 block of Georgia Avenue, Northwest.

The man, identified as 64-year-old Reggie Brown, died at the scene. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner later ruled his cause of death as blunt force trauma, and his death was determined a homicide.

On March 28, a 13-year-old girl was arrested and charged with second-degree murder, and on March 29, another 13-year-old girl and a 12-year-old girl were arrested on the same charges.

Two more girls, ages 13 and 15, were arrested on the same charges in July.

The youngest is 12, three are 13, and the fifth girl is 15 years old. The 15 year old cut herself a deal to testify against the others. She pled guilty to assault with a deadly weapon and was sentenced to three years.

Three years in a juvenile facility for beating an Reggie Brown to death. This is in Washington D.C., our nation's capital. 

None of these teens will be tried as an adult, and all five should be. Tried, convicted, and sentenced to life at hard labor without parole. I'd also hold the parents accountable as well. They know what their children are like, and they turn the little monsters loose on society.

Public schools aren't going to help. The school system has been failing for years, and here are the results - teenage girls who are bored, so they go out and beat someone to death. There is no rehabilitation for these five. Divine intervention - sure. But that's about it.

The parents failed, the school system failed, and the Church (if the family actually goes to church) failed. These monsters didn't development overnight. It takes years to make a monster like this, and here we have five.

Question: Does anyone actually believe that these five are the exception? That they are an anomaly to the general population? I wish they were, but I believe they aren't.

Pack your pistol with you, keep your head on a swivel, and above all, pray for safety.

I'm a Christian and a believer, but I refuse to put my Lord to any sort of test (Matthew 4:7). I carry my pistol with me.

No comments: