Friday, May 24, 2019

Quora Question: I Give My Girlfriend...

Here's the entire question:


I give my girlfriend money to buy groceries, and she buys random things. I then have to buy groceries so that an actual meal can be prepared. How can I teach her how to buy groceries like an adult?

This guy's an idiot.  I wrote another answer that may offend the delicate sensibilities of the Quora moderators.


Use the punishment - reward system. Unlike a dog (who really wants to do what you want him to - he just can’t understand you), your little ice pick in the eye could not possibly care less what you want. You’re dumb enough to give her money, and she’s just bright enough to go enjoy herself.

So, having provided her with a grocery list and enough greenbacks to cover it, when she returns with a backgammon game, two cases of champagne, and a bag of potato chips…

Forget it. She’s not your type. Tell her to look me up on Mad Jack's Shack and I’ll take her shopping - and other places.

No comments: