Friday, January 17, 2020

Rant - V.P. Mike Pence and the Family Feud

You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family.  A great truism that I'm reminded of every so often.  Like last night, for instance.

The rest of this is largely a rant, not safe for work, and is not politically correct.  This is the official trigger warning to any thin skinned SJW that stumbled across this site by accident and when told not to pull the trigger because the gun is loaded - pulls the trigger.

Keep reading as it amuses you to do so.


One of the best restaurants in Toledo is the eponymous Schmucker's Restaurant, which was started in 1948 by Harvey and Nola Schmucker.  It's still owned by the Schmucker family, with grandson Doug Schmucker as the general manager.  Schmucker's is famous for the homemade pie, but like the pie, everything in the place is made from scratch.  So the food's great.  And, as far as I know, the entire staff and family are all Christians.

On Thursday, January 9th, 2020, President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence came to Toledo for a campaign rally, which was held in the Huntington Center.  The turnout was good - okay, the place was packed beyond capacity and a giant TV was set up outside so that the out crowd could watch the speech.  Moonbat protestors were tolerated until they became too abusive, then were arrested and hauled away by the TPD.

My good friend Big Frank went out to lunch that day with his Liberal daughter, who insisted they eat at Schmucker's.  Pie, you know.  While at Schmucker's, the United States Secret Service showed up and quietly walked around the place, then talked to anyone looking suspicious.  One long haired hippie type pinko fag walked out, shouting Fuck Trump! as he left.  The Secret Service detained him for questioning.  Anyway, there's not much of a show, and then...

Vice President Mike Pence walked in the front door!

The man was hungry, but he walked around and met everyone.  Frank shook hands with him, and said he was friendly and affable, and acted just like a regular guy.  Someone you'd have a beer with and be happy to have his company.

So Big Frank is on cloud nine.  He's just shaken hands with the US VP, and that's great stuff.

For my part, I was in Indianapolis one time for the Origins Gaming Convention, and saw a crowd of police in one area of the hotel.  K9 dogs sniffing all over the place, nervous looking cops, and a cadre of wait staff all dressed like junior penguins, complete to a pristine bar towel draped over their left arm.  The reason?  One of the cops told me that the Vice President was going to show up as the guest of honor for a fund raising dinner for the Ayatollah Obongo - and I couldn't remember the dumb fuck's name, nor could I remember what he looked like.  It was Joe Biden, of course, but such is the impact of being Obongo's VP.  All you have to do is shut up and have a pulse.

So last night I called up Uncle Sardonicus, just to see how he's getting along.  Unc isn't getting any younger, and he's had a few mini-strokes.  We chew the fat for a few minutes, then I tell him about Big Frank's great adventure.

MJ: "...and then the Vice President walked in - "

Sardonicus interrupts my narrative with a line of insults and invective, and then calls the VP a few choice, filthy names.  I couldn't understand what his problem was.

MJ: "What are we talking about here?"

US: "The vice president.  Pence, that stupid douche bag from Washington.  Shit, I'm smarter than he is.  My cat is smarter than he is.  He's so dumb that I could do a better job than he does."

MJ: "The vice president of the United States, Mike Pence - "

US: "Yes.  The dumb-ass."

MJ: "Well, Frank's a good friend of mine and got to shake hands with him.  Said he was a good sort, very affable."

US: "He and that damned liar - "

But I'd stopped listening.  I think my final words were a knee-jerk, un-Christian-like 'Fuck you!', but perhaps not.  I terminated the conversation as soon as I could while still remaining polite.

I called the man up to inquire about his well-being, and to relate a story about something momentous that happened to a good friend of mine, and he responded with vitriolic insults and name calling.

I've had enough with these rude, hate-filled lunatic left wing idiots.  After this experience, I'm taking a page out of their book and severing all communication with them, family members or not. 

Fuck 'em.

7 comments:

CWMartin said...

It's all you can do. Unless you want to go down the same hate-filled, twisted path.

bandmeeting said...

Just curious but did you not know you uncle’s politics? Still, if I’d been in his position say, six years ago, I could have had a conversation about Biden without going all rude like. Democrats for the most part can’t talk politics with any dignity.

Mad Jack said...

CW: That's about the size of it.

BandMeeting: I believed my Uncle to be a conservative, and his wife a Liberal. My Aunt, an otherwise bright, erudite lady, never got along well with me. Understandable, as she tends to assume leadership roles which she's decidedly unsuited for.

Even when Obama won the election - twice - and was the worst President the US had in years, I remained civil when within earshot of avowed acolytes. Even when that horror of a First Lady made public appearances, I stayed quiet and polite.

My political conversations were the same way; polite. But I don't think that Liberals are capable of remaining polite, generally speaking.

Unknown said...

Read Matthew 10, notably v 16 through the end of the chapter.

Mad Jack said...

Unknown: Okay, I read it. I know I've been told something, but I'm not sure exactly what to make of it.

Ed Bonderenka said...

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Sounds like good advice to me. leave 'em be. and alone.
Also in there: "cast out devils". Seems appropriate :)

Mad Jack said...

Ed: Ah-HA! Thanks.