Thursday, March 25, 2021

COVID Vaccination, Second Shot: Day 1

Hey! Wanna get high?

I got my second COVID vaccination on 3/24.  Moderna, if it matters, and it probably does.  The side effects yesterday were a bit unusual.

I got the shot, waited requisite 15 minutes to make sure I wasn't going to keel over, ululate, or projectile vomit and choke to death on my own vomitus.  I drove home, and about halfway there realized I was a bit disoriented.  By the time I got home I was disoriented to the point where I didn't think it wise to drive my car or play with my gun collection.  I called Big Mike on the phone and it took me a while to remember why I'd called him - something about the streetlights being too bright to allow me to observe the occasional U.F.O. from my bedroom window.

I couldn't sleep.  I finally got to sleep around 4:00 AM, and woke up at 9:30 in the morning - yes, it was that morning, as I checked the date.  My arm aches a little and my head isn't completely clear.  I plan to take it easy today.

I guess my point is that I'm not sick or anything.  Yet.


2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm on day 45 of not getting the shot and there are no side effects yet,

Mad Jack said...

You're taking time to read my blog, and that's a certain sign of bad weather and heavy drinking.