Sunday, March 21, 2021

Whinging - Another Word for Whining

I was born in 1952, with a few defects - exercised induced bronchial asthma (which no one knew anything about) and severe allergies.  I haven't gotten over either one of them, although I now have better living through chemistry.  I, however, had advantages that other children didn't have - mainly a mother who qualified for sainthood, and a maternal grandmother who taught me the advantages of being able to write.

Seeing this pic, I started thinking about the hardships of those early years.


I'm Offended!

I didn't go through the Black Plague, although to hear the moonbats screaming about it now, all of us who are on the sunny side of the lawn are living through another bout of the plague (AKA SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, COVID, Wuhan Flu, Chinkytown Pox, and other descriptive names) and it's only through the goodness of Science and the innate kindness and good nature of the Democrats that we are all drawing breath and paying taxes.

I did, however, suffer through the polio epidemic.  The polio vaccine wasn't introduced in the U.S. until 1955, which meant I was at risk for three years.  I remember seeing a few children wearing braces because of polio, and one thing I'll always be thankful for is my dear old mother getting me vaccinated.  It hurt like billy-be-damned, but it was surly worth it.

I lived on a horse farm, and so have worked a few 16 hour days at hard labor.  I was tired, and that was all there was to it.  16 hours was rare, but 10 hour days were not.  It wasn't any fun for me, but that's just the way things were.

I missed the war in Vietnam due to my medical condition.  I have it on good authority that I wouldn't have enjoyed it much.

Not bothering to segue, Origins Game Fair is being held from September 30th to October 3rd, 2021.  By mere coincidence, the game fair coincides with the Columbus Gay Pride parade - a bunch of bull dykes and puffballs get together and block traffic.  In previous years I've managed to ignore them.

In years past, the gays and lesbians felt that they were being picked on, or maybe it was picked off.  Three or four straight guys would jump a faggot on the sidewalk and beat the crap out of him.  By way of necessity, the diverse segment organized The Pink Pistols.  They learned to protect themselves.

Even though I will never approve of any LGBT et alia way of life, I support their right to self-defense and I approve of their organization.  Which brings me to this crap I found someplace on the 'net.

I Refuse To Defend Myself!

I don't know if there really is any concerted violence against the Asian community.  I've never seen any, and I suspect that there may be a few isolated instances.  That said, my message to all Asians is to protect yourself, because no one else can do it for you. 

When you're attacked by a violent criminal, the Columbus police are about four minutes away.  That's a solid four minutes of an attacker beating the living crap out of you and your friends and family.  By way of contrast if you, the intended victim, are armed, the alleged attacker might simply run away.  If he doesn't, you'll produce some son-of-a-bitch leaking all over your floor.  Then you can call 9-1-1 and report shots fired but no hurry, as the trash is busy bleeding out.  The other attackers have fled.

And that's how it should happen.  Meanwhile, we've got Gregoire Boisbelaud whining about how hard life is and how non-judgemental the friendly folks at GAMA are, and how he's proud to be a fellow whiner.

Pull on your big boy boxers Greggy and stop acting like a limp-wrist powder puff.