Saturday, October 2, 2021

Cultural Diversity in My Neighborhood

Yesterday we made plans to go to the range today, and since the range opens at 9:00 AM and it's a 45 minute drive to the range from Big Mike's house, and it's a half hour drive from my place to Big Mike's, that means that yours truly had to drag his ragged ass out of bed at the unholy hour of 7:00 AM.

Here's what I saw on my way out.

The following pictures and commentary will be offensive to some, but not to others.  Tolerance is a feature that I don't enjoy.  Read at your own risk.  Trigger warning - and I'm not talking about Roy Rogers horse.   

Good Morning Tyrone!

This was taken at 7:00 AM EST.  I didn't even bother to ask myself if I really needed this kind of crap in my little slice of Paradise.  I don't.


Closer Look at a Shotgun Shack

This is a variant of what my neighbors and I see on a regular basis, only Tyrone's fat ass is in the chair and his dog is resting next to him.  He's usually sucking on a 40 and smoking a hand rolled cigarette that smells funny.  Michigan ditch weed, I'm thinking.

This is what happens when a neighborhood becomes diverse.  A different culture intrudes, where this mess is considered normal, and the neighbors see nothing wrong here.  After all, we're supposed to respect each others' cultural differences.  Right?

Wrong.

Let me just get to the fucking point.  I don't live like this.  None of my friends or family live like this.  In point of fact, I don't personally know anyone who lives like this, and I'm old and know a lot of people.

This isn't anyone's home.  This is a ghetto pig-sty.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

The Neon Madman said...

Agree on all points. The sad part is that much of society says that it is your fault for not accepting this.

Mad Jack said...

Neon Madman: Thanks. This isn't an isolated occasion.

CWMartin said...

Makes you shudder to think of what the inside looks like. At one point my ex and her (now) ex lived in a tiny apartment with a closet two feet full of garbage.

Mad Jack said...

CW: I don't even want to think about what might be inside.

Capt. Schmoe said...

Three things that I don't have a problem with:
#1. Sitting his fat ass in a chair. I like to park MY fat ass in a chair.
#2. Slurping up a 40. I kinda LIKE 40s, though as I am trying to keep my carb intake to a minimum I rarely drink brewed beverages any more.
#3. Hand rolled cigarettes. Though it's been 40 years or more, I kinda enjoyed them to - when I was a kid! Besides, it's legal in the last two states I have lived in.

What I do have a problem with. All of the above in the front yard. That's what back yards are for. I do like to sit on our front porch and sip an occasional distilled spirit, but I try to remember to put my teeth in, my shirt on and go inside the house when I have to pee.

Oh, and I got rid of my porch couch when we moved to AZ.