Saturday, October 8, 2022

Flu Shot & Vaccination Warning

 I'm a believer in the effectiveness of the ubiquitous flu shot.  I get the senior version because I qualify for it - as of October 2nd, I am 70 years old.  I have no idea just how or why I made it this far, but here we all are.

So, getting right to the fucking point, here's what happened.

I was out doing errands, but the massage parlor was closed due to some kind of health code violation, and that reminded me that I always get my flu shot on or around my birthday, and since Walgreen's was on the way home, I stopped off.

Cutting right to the chase, I'm the only customer in the store, and the mental midget behind the counter tells me I need an appointment.

"What for?  I'm the only one here."

"I'm sorry sir, but you still need an appointment," she deadpans in that irritating way service providers have when they're being obstructive.  I resist telling her to go pound sand in her fat ass, and leave.  Twenty minutes later I'm sitting in front of my ancient desktop and making an appointment.  I then download and fill out the necessary forms (not a trivial task), print everything out, then I hit the bricks.  I immediately run into prophetic disaster number one: an extensive crash car pile up six blocks up the street.  The cops have the street blocked off, and they've got two fire engines, two meat wagons, and a handful of squad cars.  The light show is real pretty, but I've got places to be.

I pull a U-Turn (highly illegal in Columbus) and take the scenic route to the pharmacy.  I had the paperwork to the same incredibly cooperative and helpful woman behind the counter and take a number.  When she asks me if I have my Moderna vaccination card I tell her 'no', and think nothing of it.  She might just as well ask me if I double parked my giraffe on Main, and I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm familiar with the pharmacist; he's a part time minister and likes to talk.  He's competent if a bit verbose.  I get stuck, and the clerk comes in to drop off the paperwork.  Now bear with me, because this is where it gets interesting.


My Appointment

Note the two shots required are Influenza (Flu) and Pneumonia.  I decided to skip any and all Moderna / Covid vaccinations due to the side effects being unpredictable and in some cases, deadly.  Guess which shot I got?

COVID19 Moderna Updated Booster 18+ 10/7/2022

That's right.  I got the Moderna booster, not the Flu / Pneumonia.  This led to a discussion with the pharmacist, the upshot of which is that I got my Flu / Pneumonia shot, and there isn't a damn thing to be done about the Moderna shot.  It's already inside me, making mischief.  Now what?

If I didn't know the pharmacist so well, I'd swear he did it on purpose - but I do, and he didn't, and the poor guy is watching his life pass before his eyes because he knows, and I know, that somebody at the pharmacy screwed the pooch on this one, and I'm betting it's the genius at the register.

Today, both shoulders are so sore I can barely move.  I feel like six feet of bad carpet, and I look worse.  My allergies have been acting up and I'm congested.  And, to top it all off so to speak, I've got a bad case of Montezuma's Revenge.

What's done is done.  My only comment is that if this whole business goes sideways and I end up on the shady side of the lawn, I fully expect my family to sue Walgreen's for wrongful death, collect the fifty or so million simoleans, and have a class-A send off.  You're all invited.

When I die, bury me in straight lace shoes
A box back suit and a Stetson hat
Put a twenty dollar gold piece on my watch chain
Tell the boys I died standing pat
Get six crap shooters for pall bearers
A dozen chorus girls to sing me a song
Put a New Orleans jazz band on my hearse wagon
To raise hell as we roll along


11 comments:

michigan doug said...

Thats why i'm not gettig a flu shot this year.
Don't trust them at all.

Peteforester said...

I too will be foregoing the flu "vaccine," and for the same reason as Doug! If the Plandemic was one thing, it was an eye-opener to the corruption of the whole damned system! I don't trust ANY of this anymore!

Gunslinger said...

I too, have been getting an annual flu shot for decades. No more! This will be the third flu season in a row I refuse to get any and all injections of anything. When my PCP asked early on why I won't submit to the jab I told him he would not like my answer. He pressed, so I let him have it. I told him I have lost all faith in the medical community when they became political creatures, medical tyrants, and shills for big pharma. That the jab is an experimental medical procedure, NOT a vaccine by any classic definition, and that they changed the definition to fit their false narrative. That there were no proper animal trials, no proper control groups, no long term testing, and that I refuse to sign on to be a lab rat. He has also been pushing the shingles vaccine which I have also shunned. Shingles goes away... mangled DNA and a damaged immune system does not.

pigpen51 said...

I did get the flu shot this year, as normal. And my wife and I got the 2 part Johnson and Johnson Covid shot. I did not want to get it, and waited, but due to my wife's health history, she actually was in the group that was in higher danger of Covid and so getting the shot was sort of important for her. But she was afraid of getting the shot, unless I led the way, sort of, and so I got it with her, so she would get it.
She ended up getting Covid, and got over it, but had what they call long Covid. Whether or not her getting the shot had anything to do with her not being as sick as she might have been if she had not gotten the shot, who knows? But with her being 65 years old and with diabetes, and having survived breast cancer for past 5 years, she got the shot, and that is in the past.
I have convinced her that no more Covid booster shots, no untested recommended vaccines of any type, will be given to either one of us. She has gotten her pneumonia shot, and has gotten the first of her shingles shots, as her mother got shingles before and she may be susceptible to that disease. The thing is, my wife and my health history are different and our needs are also different. The reason for me getting my Covid shot was only to serve as an example and encouragement to her, and not because I believe in the medical reasons, for me, of the shots. My wife has a much different set of health issues and she has to look at her own reasons for doing things, without looking at what anyone else does, including me.
The vaccination issue as a whole is something that needs to be looked at. Just to look at your children, or grandchildren, and the required injections that change their body chemistry, supposedly for their good, is to many of us, horrifying. There are some religions that refuse to take blood products, because of their religion. I am a very strong Christian, although not necessarily a very religious one. And I am wondering exactly what God would think about all of the medical intervention being done to young children, before they even have a chance to live. Kids of today not even touching dirt, like playing in the sandbox, or running barefoot in the grass, like we did as children, and how that itself could be making their immune systems weaker.
The medical community has made many strides to improve not only the health, but also the lifespan of humans, over the past 50 years. It is not unusual to see the obits have people who have lived to the age of 90, and to read them, they were still active in their community. So we can't say that they are all bad. But most of the improvement has come in things like watching blood pressure, and keeping it under control. More encouragement to stop smoking, better nutrition for lower income people, etc.
I don't think that you can see an overlap of childhood vaccinations and the longer lifespans. And I suspect that in the coming decades, you are going to see a lowering of the age of the death of people in general, as we see the effect of the overweight American people start to take hold, and all of the diseases that it brings. Of course, the medical industry, including Big Pharma, are making money off of these diseases hand over fist.

Mad Jack said...

Michigan_Doug: Good move on your part. I wish I'd done the same.

Peteforester: Good for you. I always assumed that there was some level of corruption in the medical industry as a whole, but nothing like this.

Gunslinger: I have several friends in the medical industry as caregivers, and they encouraged the Moderna vaccine when it first came out. They've since changed their emphasis, one saying that she thought it was better than nothing. My PCP said he believed in it, so I got vaccinated. Now? Not so much.

Pigpen: Good for you for leading the way. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's medical conditions.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

CWMartin said...

I'll just say this- we got the shot and the booster way back when. Second shot laid me out for a good 24 hours. Months later I tested positive, and the disease was just slightly less debilitating than the shot. Of course, that's without knowing how'd I feel if I got it without the shots...

JustSayNo said...

They're doing the same thing to our military. A soldier goes in for his (required) yearly flu shot and is *accidentally* given the clot shot. I wrote our son last week and urged him to reject any and all vaccines the military is pushing these days. It's NOT an accident. It's genocide and they'll get you any way they can.

Best way to avoid it is to remain a pureblood. If you've already taken the Fauci Ouchie, best to put your affairs in order and live each day as though it's your last.

Anonymous said...

I just don't get shots. Forced into having this covidian shot but I took the one jab and done. Have never had a flu, pneumonia, shingles or any other shot except when I got a tangled up in barbed wire freeing a horse.

Mad Jack said...

CW: I got the first Moderna on 2/24/21, and it made me high for a week. Now, how do you know it's working? You have nothing to compare it to. I got Covid last year, and it was like having a bad cold. Ten days later I was fine.

JustSayNo: In my case there's no use crying over spilled blood. At this stage of the game, I'd advise everyone to stay away from the shot - unless they're a moonbat politico.

Anonymous: Sorry to hear about the barbed wire and the horse - but my kudos to you for wading in and getting the horse loose. I grew up on a horse farm, and Dad wouldn't allow barbed wire anywhere on the place. Good job!

robehr orinsky said...

They are no more than medical clowns after the whole covid deal and I won't waste my time with them . My life belongs to me and Gawd and He is a bit jealous of it .

Mad Jack said...

There you go, Robehr.