Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dog Walk

For those of you who are either deceased or not living in the Toledo area, I offer my condolences to your friends and family to the first group and my sincere congratulations to the second.

It rained yesterday, but that didn't deter the dog, Excellent Rachmaninoff, who is an all-terrain, all-weather dog.  Rachmaninoff was on his best behavior and didn't even think about biting anyone during our walk yesterday, which shows definite improvement in his general civility.

Excellent Rachmaninoff

Clearly spring has sprung and various flora are in bloom.  Here are a few flowers from Main Lady's yard in the Lincoln Woods area.  I don't know the names, but the flowers are pretty none the less. 

Pretty Red Flower

Pretty White Flower

Pretty White Flower

Flowering Tree

I've seen quite a few of these trees around the Sylvania area, and I don't know what they are called.  They are had to miss this time of year.

Tulip Tree

I think this is called a tulip tree, although there is every chance I'm wrong.  I saw this tree with buds on it the day before this photo was taken.  The flowers don't last long and will be gone in a few days.

Tulip Tree

Finally I found something I could put a name to; forsythia.  My dear old grandmother used to have forsythia bushes in front of her driveway which served to brighten the place up as well as obscure the view of anyone exiting the driveway.  This didn't bother grandmother very much, and grandfather was too lazy to trim the bushes back to a reasonable length.

Forsythia

Excellent Rachmaninoff and I returned from our canine constitutional a bit damp, but the experience was mentally refreshing.

No comments: