Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Life: Dog Walk Photos

I enjoy walking the dog.  Even when it's raining I enjoy a nice dog walk.  Here are a few of the photos I've taken as Excellent Rachmaninoff and I enjoy our daily canine constitutional.



Unknown Butterfly
I think this might be a question mark (Polygonia interrogationis), but I'm not sure.

As we passed this grove Excellent Rachmaninoff came to a point.  I couldn't see anything at first, and so sighted along his muzzle with my camera.

Grove where Rocky Pointed
Well, well... would you look at this?

Feral Feline
I don't really think this feline is feral.  It very likely belongs to the neighbors, judging by how well fed it looks to be.

Daffodil
Mom still has a few of these that were gathered by my great great great grandmother from her home in England.

Exotic Tulip

Bright Yellow Tulip

Exotic Color

I am particularly impressed with the unusual color of these tulips.  These were planted in Main Lady's yard by Flopsy and Mopsy.  I think they bought several hundred bulbs and spent several weekends in October planting them.

Striped Tulip

Iris
My grandmother planted a bunch of these but didn't enjoy them as one of her card playing friends referred to the iris as an "old lady's flower".  I've always like iris and find them somewhat hypnotic to look at.



Odd Color
I like the color of this one, but can't put a name to it.  The color, not the flower.  I expect my inability comes from being of the male persuasion - we only know red, yellow, blue and international orange.


I've run into a few men who question my masculinity and sexual preferences in rather crude terms because I enjoy flowers and classical music.  To these tobacco chewing idiots I say: Bite me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, despite you appreciation of color you would never get a job naming shades of lipstick...

Thanks for this post. Now I know why I never liked the washed out limpy lavender iris in our yard. They remind me of a bunch of old bluehairs.