Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Officer Being Railroaded

Getting right to the point, LawDog, he of the The Lawdog Files, is being railroaded.  I got this from the Old NFO on his little slice of information here: LawDog Raffle Items.  The deal is that a pile of nice gear is being raffled off to help cover LawDog's expenses, and trust me when I say that these expenses could be extremely significant.

Shortening the news to one paragraph that everyone reading this hound can understand, LawDog's real name is Ian Hugh McMurtrie, and up until recently he was employed by the Texas Wichita County Sheriff's Department in various capacities, achieving the rank of lieutenant.  The 'Dog got into a dust up with a large prisoner and subdued him.  Given that the prisoner was large, strong, and an experienced brawler, plus was under the influence of an interesting cocktail of controlled substances, I'd say a hickory massage was justified, and I'd combine that with bear repellent and a cattle prod.  Ian didn't, but he did get the prisoner subdued, and the prisoner never filed any complaints about his treatment.  The sheriff doesn't see it that way.

Read more here, at Former Deputy Reindicted for Allegedly “fish Hooking” Inmate by Larry Statser as published on July 23, 2022.

From the article: As the inmate was being booked into jail, Wichita County Sheriff David Duke said the inmate was creating a disturbance, and McMurtrie responded.

The rumor here is that Sheriff David Duke holds an elected position, and is afraid that Ian McMurtrie will run against him - and win.  So, eliminate the competition.

My disclaimer is this.  I don't know Ian McMurtrie, AKA LawDog.  I've never met him in person, and I've only read him a few times on his blog.  I bought one or two of his books and read them, and based on that I probably wouldn't go out drinking with the man.  He strikes me as being a bit arrogant and something of a blow-hard.  That said, he should not be railroaded - which is what is happening to him.

The man has worked over twenty years in law enforcement, and you don't last that long by abusing people.  He's done a good job for the community, and so - buy a ticket.  Use the link here:

LawDog Legal Defense

My thanks to everyone for reading.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

You'd enjoy having a beer or three with him. He's actually very quiet and laid back... LOL